Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012, Year of the Dragon..Welcome...

Before anything else, let me greet each and everyone a very Happy New Year. Let me also express me thanks to my small (actually very small) group of readers for continuing to take the time to make comments on my posts. You all make my day everytime I open this blog, but, I regret I have again been very negligent. Despite a 2011 New Year's resolution to post more, just like other resolutions, its been broken. I have been just quite taken with other pursuits that have demanded much of my time one such pursuit being taking care of my second child.

So I make again a resolution to be more active in this blog, hopefully I get to keep it.

So on to other things. A look at the year that was and hopes and expectations of the year that is 2012.

I would say I had a much better time in 2011 than in 2010. Much of course was due to a more optimistic mindset and enlightened view of looking at my blessings more than what I still hoped to have.

Our baby E_ _ was born amidst a medical emergency that almost threatened my life. She was two weeks premature but thanks to a very competent OB-GYNE and pediatrician, Dr. A and Dr. C, both mother and baby came out fine. Despite coming out earlier than expected, E_ _ was quite big and occupied the whole of the incubator. You never would have thought she was born premature.

Prior to delivery via Caesarian section, I was quite apprehensive, worried as I was about her under-developed lungs. This despite the fact that I had been taking medicines to fast track E_ _'s breathing sacs. Hearing her cry out loud when she was taken out of my womb was the sweetest things I ever heard as it told me everything was alright with her, at least as far as her breathing was concerned.

It was also last year that slowly our home started to "take shape". The balustrade and bannister were added to the stairs and rooms in the second floor were put up. A garden laboriously set up by the hubby added some beauty to a house that had been years in the making. It felt good to hear the nice comments from visitors and while a lot has still to be done, am quite satisfied of our home sweet home.

B_ _ also added to my joys as she made it to the top ten in all four sections of her grade in school.
And of course, the best news of all, I lost ten pounds!!!! Hahaha. Which, the holidays have me getting it back again.

It was also the year of lost and renewed friendships. I learned that nothing is gained by too much pride and nothing is lost when you understand, forgive as well as accept that you made a mistake too.

So this 2012, I know not to expect too much but just hope for the best. To widen my understanding and be more tolerant of other's shortcomings because I know I myself have plenty of them too. To be more patient because He has a grand plan for all of us and we just need to wait..

1 comment: