Monday, January 19, 2009

An Afro-American in the White House

Decades ago, if I told you someone of African descent would become President of the United States, you would have laughed me off and dismissed my thoughts as pure fantasy incapable of becoming reality in the midst of the then socio-political realities. But now, I daresay AMERICA, you have come a long way from the days of segregated schools and buses as today history is being made. Hours from now as I write, Barack Obama, President-elect would become Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States of America with his inauguration at the Capitol Hill in Washington D.C.

A truly eloquent man, history will now judge you just as you made history and the whole world watches with bated breath to see if the words indeed truly fit the man and the speeches is but a peek into the action that is to come. Translated: Can he deliver the goods and lift America and with it the world from the worst economic crisis in years?

2 comments: