Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Year That Was and the Year that is to Come

2010 was a year of mixed emotions. While I generally felt that we had more than our fair share of set-backs than other years, on second thought and upon summoning my deeply buried optimist spirit, I realized that blessings were abundant too.

B__ and I are expecting a baby soon and if I didn't mishear my ultra sonologist, it's going to be a boy. We moved into our new home last June and my sister and brother-in-law welcomed baby I___ into this world. More importantly, the hubby and I had more time together with his forced hiatus from the world of politics.

Seeing the glass half-full rather than half empty might seem hard but doing it is just a matter of perspective. I am thankful for the year that was and I am hopeful for the year that is to come.

Happy New year to all.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to a new child in a new year...
    a husband with a "new" perspective as an ordinary citizen...let this forced hiatus be another opportunity to feel as an ordinary citizen so that when he goes back to politics,
    he will champion again the cause of the ordinary man. Life is always full of surprises...its twists make life challenging and meaningful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you, "anonymous, 1-28, 2011" but the hubby need not go back to politics to champion the ordinary man. I would rather he remains "an ordinary man" too. I'm emjoying the time he has now for us. But as you say, we never know what the future brings.

    ReplyDelete