Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Blue Ocean

I am a baby to the world of blogging having discovered the joys of "at-the-click-of-a-button" online publishing just this July. In the beginnng words like "html", "css", "widgets", "templates" were as comprehensible to me as French, meaning none at all. In time I could talk about them with the working knowledge of wannabe techie. I learned by assimilation and I learned by osmosis, visting other blogs and different help groups and fora. I posted my queries and got my answers in nanoseconds (a new kind of time division in the virtual world)

I started with a very personal blog, one that contained mostly musings, ramblings and occasional rantings. Then I made one that had a specific market in mind, a niche, you would call it, catering to people of my hometown who have gone on to search for the veritable greener pastures and have uprooted themselves from the place they called home. But then a technical glitch occured forcing me to make but yet another blog. Just in time as I came upon a discovery in my blog surfing, my niche was not a niche after all. So many blogs were made for the same purpose and contained similar posts that my site was drowning in the ocean of millions of blogs. It was time to create my blue ocean. My blue ocean in a sea of "waray waray" blogsites.

So what is to be expected from this blog? As its title suggests, it shall contain stories uniquely "waray-waray", of what makes him tick and what sets him apart from the rest. A post shall be a story in itself and, if time and inspiration permits, worth retelling. I do not have yet the means of how to achieve this, what I only have now is the vision. But as they say in the movies, "it started with a dream...".

No comments:

Post a Comment