Monday, December 15, 2008

My First Ever Christmas Wishlist

Its only nine days to go before Christmas and already the papers, the Internet, tv and radio are chock-full of the wish lists of writers, columnists and celebrities (along with the mad dash by companies to have their products included in such lists) and while I may not get the freebies (ooops, I'm not sure, just a lucky guess) that all of the above gets from grateful businessmen and owners of the a-listed products, I do want to post here some of the things I hope to get from Santa this Christmas. It's not just a "me" list but one that includes all that I hope for my family, my friends, my country and this world and we sure need most of that, HOPE, for the difficult times ahead. So here goes:

1. Sony VAIOS laptop to replace my NEO antiquated one (although me and my NEO has shared so many things together it pains me sometimes to let it go);

2. Canon 10 megapixel digital camera in lieau of the Olympus that got "cooked" by my daughter;

3. At least a size 8 body for me to fit into the many "Banana Republic" slacks that my clueless sister bought from the States (who's unaware that post-natal figures expands exponentially according to the number of children had);

4. Another published article to inspire me to keep on writing even when writer's block rears it's ugly head sometimes;

5. LCD television set in time for our newly-built house;

6. A happy Christmas gathering with my sisters and parents together with my daughter and hubby;

7. More readers for this blog and the other one I have over Friendster;

8. Coach handbag;

9. A truly effective concealer for my dark circles so I look my best for the countless Christmas parties ahead (mmm, they say M.A.C.'s got a good one);

10. This wonderful pair of South Sea pearl earrings I saw over at Trinoma;

11. Knock on the noggin on our good congressmen for them to bring their Cha-cha moves from the halls of congress to the dance floor (really now, much urgent things needs their attention and not this ill-timed efforts to change the basic law of the land);

12. Good health for my family;

13. Self-control and discipline to stay on my nth diet despite all the Holiday foodie temptations coming my way;

14. A beautiful wooden living room set for my living room-in-the-making (still is , after four months, sigh...);

15. Family photos/portrait taken by professional photographer in his uber-professional, state-of-the-art studio (now, if I can only convince my very shy hubby to make that pose);

16. Sinfully delicious Red Ribbon Chocolate Fondue Cake without all the guilt (mmmm...);

17. Iphone, or then again a Nokia E series navigator would be better;

18. Less green house gases; and of course

19. For hope, love and prosperity to abound .... Merry Christmas to one and all!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment