Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Abortion Roads No More

My hubby read my post about flights to Borongan and took exception to my mention of Samar's "abortion" roads. He said, and I quote, "Di na gud duro ka lubak-lubak an kalsada, asphaltado na an kasagaran han tikadto ha Catbalogan"(It's not that pot-holed anymore and most of the road to Catbalogan is already asphalted) end of quote. In fairness, it really is a lot better than a year ago. This pock-marked stretch of the national highway has now undergone a "facial" but if you ask me, what it really needs is a "diamond peel". Its smooth sailing, or should I say driving, all the way from Tacloban City to Paranas, Samar, but from thereon, on certain portions of the road, the motions of the car imitate the undulating waves of the sea (if you get my drift).

The "diamond peel", er construction and rehabilitation, is still ongoing and hopefully by the end of the year (fingers crossed) the infamous roads would have totally erased its "killer" moniker.

No comments:

Post a Comment