Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back from a Break, Manila Airports, Long Queues, Malls, Traffice, No Yaya atbp.

I'm back from a week long vacation. I was supposed to go there for business and pleasure, but due to some kinks, miscommunications, bureaucratic red tape and circuitous processes in the legislative branch of government that does not serve its purpose, the business part was not attained, but thankfully, the pleasure part was. My family got real quality bonding time and I got a crash course in how to mix mama duties with household ones, budgeting and itinerary planning. It was just me, the hubby and my three year old daughter sans yaya-cum-household help and while it was quite tiresome, it felt great to take care of our baby all by our twosome. It was bonding heaven and in a both-parents-working-household, its a rarity that must be treasured and strived for. The hubby took care of the cooking and washing of our daughter's clothes and I was responsible for bathing her and washing the dishes. We stayed at my sister's house in Quezon City that was steaming hot in the afternoons so we took refuge in malls that was nearby. Trinoma Mall was just a fifteen minute commute by taxi and in the week that was we were a regular fixture with our stroller where our baby was comfortably esconced. For more of metro malls, watch out for my coming posts on our Manila trip.

All in all, the vacation was well worth the expense, time away from work and sweat from the sweltering Manila sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment